10 Australian Holiday Attractions for Kids
March 10, 2014
A recent article on couriermail.com.au listed ten great Australian school holiday attractions that the kids will love, no matter the time of the year.
- Otway Fly Tree Top Adventures – Fly on a wire through spectacular rainforest in Victoria’s Otway ranges.
- Werribee Open Range Zoo – See Africa’s iconic animals up close in this open range zoo near Melbourne.
- Port Arthur Ghost Tour – Tour the eerie ruins of Tasmania’s historical penal settlement, said to be one of the most haunted places in Australia.
- Bay of Fires – Go camping at this spectacular coastal hideaway in Tasmania’s Mount William National Park.
- Uluru – Watch the sun rise over Uluru in the Northern Territory and learn about its cultural significance from its original owners.
- Mon Repos Beach – Near Bundaberg in Queensland, this is the largest turtle rookery in the South Pacific, where you can watch turtles come ashore in the moonlight to lay their eggs.
- Lady Elliot Island – This is a stunning coral island north of Brisbane, where you can snorkel, swim or dive on the Great Barrier Reef directly from the beach.
- Monkey Mia – Hand-feed wild dolphins in this unique wildlife experience at Shark Bay in Western Australia.
- The Gold Coast – With its perfect-for-surfing beaches, exotic rainforest and wall-to-wall theme parks, Queensland’s Gold Coast has something for every family.
- Sydney Sea Life Aquarium – Home to 75 sharks and the world’s biggest Great Barrier Reef exhibit, every kid will love a visit to the Sydney Sea Life Aquarium in Darling Harbour, Sydney.