5 Free Things to do in Sydney
November 22, 2013
Sydney is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. To stretch the holiday dollars a bit further, Sydney.com shared five things you can do in the city for free:
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge is free to walk across. From this prime position, you’ll have spectacular views of the city; use the opportunity to get your camera out and capture the harbour, Opera House and other Sydney landmarks forever.
- For a glimpse of Australia’s unique plant life, visit the Royal Botanical Gardens. The Gardens bring together many of the country’s plants and trees. It’s also a perfect picnic spot and the paths can be explored for hours.
- The Art Gallery of NSW is packed with international and indigenous works, whilst the building itself is spacious and offers magnificent views of the city.
- There’s always something going on in Darling Harbour, so head over there for guaranteed entertainment.
- Darling Harbour is also the location of the Australian National Maritime Museum. Free to enter, the museum explores ocean life and there are activities and experiences here that the whole family will enjoy.