Business Travel Mistakes to Avoid
Sunday March 9th, 2014
According to an article on mainstreet.com, there are some major pitfalls to avoid when travelling on business. These include:
- Never fly anything other than non-stop – If you do, you double the likelihood of encountering delays and cancellations.
- Never check your bag – This increases the likelihood of delays and it could be lost by the airline. You can comfortably carry everything you need for a business trip in one carry-on bag.
- Always know where you are going before you get there. Use a map or a location app to know where your meeting is being held and how long it will take you to get there.
- Don’t run up big expenses on your company credit card. If you do it regularly, you’ll get a reputation for it, and it won’t do anything for your promotion prospects.
- Don’t put negative comments on Twitter or Facebook about your accommodation or current location. Local business people may see them and this could make doing business awkward in the future.
- Don’t forget to look around and smell the roses – This means getting out and sampling something of the local culture once the business aspect of your trip is over.