Sydney’s Top Five Cultural Tours
Tuesday December 17th, 2013
Travellers looking for Sydney’s cultural side will find a plethora of tours designed to show off the city’s rich history. Check out these top five cultural tours from aluxurytravelblog.com
- The Rocks Walking Tour is a two kilometre walk around the oldest neighbourhood in the city. The Rocks has a colourful history, which you’ll delve into as your guide shows you round the cobblestone alley ways and local landmarks.
- Uncover the secrets of the Sydney Opera House with a guided tour. The backstage tour grants you entry into the world of the performers, with sights including the dressing rooms and the view from the stage itself.
- Find out more about Australia’s indigenous culture with the Aboriginal Heritage Harbour Walk. This guided tour takes in elements of the country’s indigenous history, food, music and medicine.
- See the work of Australian and international artists in a new light by taking one of the many tours available at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- With a 16 million piece strong collection, you’ll need to go behind the scenes of the Australian Museum to see even a fraction of its vast archive.