Top Holiday Hotspots in Queensland
January 11, 2014
Queensland is still Australia’s favourite holiday destination, and it is easy to see why. No other state has more fantastic holiday destinations than Queensland. Some of the top holiday hotspots in Queensland include:
- The Gold Coast. No other region in Australia has more to offer tourists. With top theme parks, the tourist strip at Surfer’s Paradise, and mile upon mile of the world’s best white sand beaches. Other activities on the coast include night life and movie festivals.
- Lamington National Park. Located just inland from the Gold Coast, the park is home to some of the most spectacular mountains and rainforests in Australia. The walking trails are the best way to take in the park’s natural beauty.
- Brisbane. Queensland’s capital is a destination in itself featuring such popular attractions as the Storey Bridge Climb, Southbank Parklands, the Mt. Cootha Lookout, and the Alma Park Zoo
- The Glasshouse Mountains. This region features some of the best lookouts in Australia and many popular camping spots along Coochin Creek. The best views are from Glasshouse Mountains Lookout and Wild Horse Mountain. The Australia Zoo at Beerwah makes the mountains a popular family destination.
- Montville. This is an historic town that is known for its art and craft shops and sweeping views of the coast and the Glasshouse Mountains.
These are just a few of the places to visit in Queensland.