What Australians Want to Do This Summer
January 10, 2014
So what do Australians want to do for their holidays this summer? A survey by The Daily Telegraph discovered some interesting holiday plans.
Some popular holiday plans included:
- Driving the Great Ocean Road. Many people want to take a road trip through Queensland and along the Great Barrier Reef. Popular stops include Brisbane and Surfer’s Paradise.
- The Northern Territory. Every Aussie should see Ayers Rock at least once in their life. There are now low-cost airfares available to Ayers from Sydney and Melbourne.
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. The reef has never been more accessible with a wide variety of holiday options available in nearby towns.
- Spend New Year’s Eve in Sydney. Sydney is considered the best place in the world to celebrate the New Year. The fireworks display is the biggest in the world and there are many places to watch it from, including harbour cruises.
- Visit the Gold Coast. Theme Parks, national parks and some of the world’s best beaches make the area around Surfer’s Paradise Australia’s favourite playground.