What to do with just 24 hours in Brisbane
Thursday May 15th, 2014
Are you planning to do Brisbane in a day? Here’s what you need to know and where to go, according to Go Australia:
- Unlike cities such as Sydney, Brisbane lends itself to getting around by car.
- A map of the city will help you find your way around as well as being useful should you get lost . You can pick one up at the Visitor Information Centre at South Bank.
- If you love galleries, start early and take a quick stroll around the Queensland Art Gallery in Brisbane. The Queensland Museum is also well worth a visit.
- Across the road is another culture hit – the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, where you’ll find the city’s Concert Hall and two theatres.
- Next, head to the beautiful Brisbane Botanic Gardens in the afternoon. As these are located on Mount Coot-tha you can see a wonderful view of Brisbane from the top.
- Drive over to Wickham St in fortitude Valley to see the Old Windmill and Observatory.
- Finally, combine your evening meal with a ride down Brisbane River by choosing a dinner cruise. But don’t leave it too late for dinner – in Brisbane, the restaurants can close as early as 10pm.