Update on COVID-19
Your travel safety during this time is our highest priority.
Below you will find the most recent updates regarding information and announcements from Meriton Suites regarding the COVID-19 virus.
A Message from our Group General Manager
As we have all heard and read on the news, the COVID-19 continues to spread across the world, and you’ve probably been thinking how it might affect you, the operation of day-to-day business, and naturally your household, extended family and the broader community.
It is important that as an organisation we put clear measures in place, and make the health and safety of our team members and hotel guests the highest priority. The Executive Team at Meriton Suites have been meeting daily over the past few weeks and we are currently examining what further safety and operational measures we can put in place to ensure the wellbeing of our team members and you, our hotel guests.
We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, and in response to the current climate, we have taken additional measures to step up our fight against the outbreak to ensure we keep the hotel virus free.
These measures include:
- Increased hospital-grade cleaning of all public areas and high-frequency touchpoints throughout our hotels.
- Housekeeping teams have been issued with hospital-grade antibacterial products and implemented additional cleaning procedures to ensure all individual suites are cleaned to the highest standards.
- Our staff may choose to wear protective face masks throughout the cleaning process; please do not be alarmed, this is only as a precaution
Here at Meriton Suites, we are committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given the current circumstances, if you need to adjust any upcoming travel made direct via our Meriton Suites website or Contact Centre, we advise you to get in touch with our Contact Centre directly for assistance.
We’re here to help, and it’s during times like these the service and hospitality we pride ourselves on is more important than ever. We hope that if you travel now or in the future, that Meriton Suites will remain your preferred choice.
Temporary Hotel Closures
Unfortunately, we have made the hard decision to temporarily shut-down some of our hotel operations as a result of the extreme economic downturn, resulting from the current global COVID-19 pandemic.
This shut down is temporary only. We don’t know how long exactly, however we are committed to opening these hotels up and getting them fully operational as soon as it is financially viable.
The locations that will temporally shut-down on Friday 10th April 2020 are as follows;
- Meriton Suites World Tower, Sydney
- Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney
- Meriton Suites Zetland
- Meriton Suites Herschel Street, Brisbane
At this stage we are not accepting bookings at the hotels listed above until after 30 September 2020 – but of course this could be brought forward or pushed back further depending on what happens over the coming months.
Hotel guests with upcoming bookings at any of the listed locations above, will be contacted directly by our Reservations Team for assistance with their booking and to facilitate moving their booking to a nearby Meriton Suites location which continue to operate as normal.
Self-Isolation Guest Policy
We’re here to help if you’re required to self-isolate for any length of time.
During your stay, we ask all guests to follow the latest recommendations from the Australian Government Department of Health’s website with regards to self-isolation within hotels.
Whilst in isolation at Meriton Suites, we have implemented additional safety policies that you will be required to follow:
- You are required to wear a surgical face mask before arriving at the hotel and at all times you move throughout public areas of the hotel during your stay. This is not required when you are within your private suite.
- Limit movement throughout the hotel. All recreational facilities including the fitness centre, indoor/outdoor pools, spa and sauna have been closed to all guests.
- Housekeeping are not permitted to enter your suite, but during your stay if you require any additional amenities or bed linen we have implemented a ‘Drop & Knock’ procedure where we will place requested items outside your suite door to help us fulfil your needs.
- For food, guests have access to a variety of delivery services like UberEATS,
Deliveroo, Marley Spoon, Youfoodz or HelloFresh. We will assist in facilitating the delivery person to access your floor in order to drop the food to you, and we will notify you when they are on their way up to your suite. All delivery
personnel will follow our ‘Drop & Knock’ procedure.
Every hotel has implemented additional safety procedures that are designed to make your stay comfortable and to have the confidence during your time with us that
yourself, all of our guests and our hotel team are safe.
Should you require more information about our response to the COVID-19 virus, please email email@example.com or call 131 672.