Conditions of Entry
GHD x Meriton Suites “Rethink Your Summer Hair” Instagram Giveaway | Terms & Conditions
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
The Promoter is: Meriton Property Services Pty Ltd trading as Meriton Suites (ABN 69 115 511 281) of Level 11, 528 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
WHO CAN ENTER
Entry is open to residents of Australia. Entrants are required to be over 18 years of age.
Employees, contractors and their immediate families of the Promoter, any prize drawers and any related entities and any agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
The promotion commences at 16:00pm AEDT on Wednesday 10 November 2021 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on Friday 26 November 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, each entrant must, during the Promotional Period:
1. Like the “Rethink your Summer Hair” competition Instagram post & be following us @meritonsuites
2. Comment on the post & tell us your favourite @ghdhair_anz product!
3. BONUS entry – tag your bestie who you would take on your 2 night stay to Meriton Suites Surfers Paradise!
The 2 (two) most creative and fun posts will win!
PRIZE AND NOTIFICATION
- Two winners each winning one of two prize packs with each prize pack consisting of 1 x GHD Platinum Hair Straightening Iron RRP $355.00 each and 1 x Body Guard Heat Protectant Spray RRP $35.00 each and a 2 (two) night mid-week stay in a 1 Bedroom Coast Suite at Meriton Suites Surfer Paradise RRP $405.00 per night. Total RRP value of each prize pack = AUD$1,200.00. Total value of all prizes AUD $2,400.00. All prize values are correct as at Wednesday 10 November 2021 and are in Australian Dollars, but to the extent permitted by law, no responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any variation in the value of the prize after that time. Flights & transfers are not included. Accommodation is a for mid-week stay and must be taken between Sunday to Thursday, subject to availability as per Meriton Suites Terms & Conditions.
- Prizes are non transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The prize winners are responsible to pay for any additional incidental expenses that are not specified in these Conditions of Entry during their stay at Meriton Suites Surfers Paradise. This includes, but is not limited to, any extensions of stay and later check-out past the 10:00am check-out time.
- Prizes will be delivered to the winners within 40 (forty) days of the close of the Promotional Period. The prize will be delivered in Australia only.
- All stays at Meriton Suites are subject to the Meriton Suites Terms & Conditions.
- All entrants agree to provide the Promoter with appropriate photo identification or other documentation required to verify their identity, age and eligibility to enter the Competition if selected as a prize winner.
- If the items required by the Promoter is not received or an entrant has not been verified to the satisfaction of The Promoter within the time period required by The Promoter, the entry submitted by the entrant will be deemed invalid.
- Prizes will only be awarded following all verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction.
- In accepting a prize, the prize winner agrees to the release set out below.
NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- Winners will be notified in writing by Instagram direct message within 4 (four) days of the draw and via Instagram Stories on the @meritonsuites Instagram account.
SECOND CHANCE DRAW
- If any prize is unclaimed or the winner drawn is not an eligible person for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, a second chance draw will be held on Monday 28 February 2022 at the same time and place as the first draws in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes.
- Winners will be notified in writing by Instagram direct message within 2 (two) days of the second chance draw.
- If there is no prize winner or the prize winner cannot be located, this information will be published on www.meritonsuites.com.au
LIMITS ON ENTRY
Multiple entries will be accepted; however, each entry must be unique and submitted separately. Once an entrant (other than an entrant residing in South Australia) wins a Prize, that entrant (and any other entrant residing in the same household as that entrant) will not be eligible for any further prizes in this promotion.
Entries which in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- are received outside the Promotional Period;
- contain defamatory, offensive or inappropriate content or infringe intellectual property rights;
- are incomplete or indecipherable; or
- do not otherwise comply with these terms, will be invalid and ineligible for any prize.
- All ancillary costs including but not limited to insurance, taxes (excluding GST), meals, drinks, transport, transfers, spending money, fuel, oil and services costs, safety gear to comply with state and territory regulations, in-room charges and any and all other expenses incurred as a consequence of receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. In particular, prizes may not, without the prior consent of the Promoter and any applicable third-party supplier of the prize (“Supplier”), be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a prize is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Promoter or the Supplier may, at their absolute discretion, withdraw the prize(s). Where a prize has been withdrawn in accordance with this clause, no refund, substitute or compensation will be offered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, theft or destruction, any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, or unauthorised access to or alteration of the promotion. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion. Further, the Promoter at its sole discretion may recommence this promotion under the same conditions.
- If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from the various authorities.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not claim their prize by the Second Chance Draw date, their entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may conduct the Second Chance Draw, subject to relevant regulatory authority instructions.
- If an entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date which they enter the promotion and the Second Chance Draw date, that entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, is in breach of these conditions, provides entries that are offensive or otherwise inappropriate in the sole opinion of the Promoter, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion, or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of accepting and/or using a prize or in relation to the promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Any prize supplied by a third-party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of any third-party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (commonwealth).
- If in the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (commonwealth) or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter’s liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to the prize.
- Before the prize is awarded, the winner and any other person(s) sharing the prize with the winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. If the entry or any part of the entry is provided to the entrant by a third party, the entrants warrant that they have obtained the relevant copyright and other intellectual property rights permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. Further, entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry (including but not limited to amending, editing, selecting, cropping, retouching, adding to or deleting from any part of the submitted entry) for the purposes of the Promoter’s business including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation. If requested by the Promoter, the entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter, its associated agencies against all losses, damages, claims and costs by third parties arising out of, connected to or resulting from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- If entry is via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, “Platform” means Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as applicable. Entrants acknowledge that use of the Platform is subject to the terms and conditions of that Platform. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of the conduct of any of the Platforms, including the decision of any Platform to remove or not remove any photographs, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. In particular, the thoughts and views expressed on each of the Platforms, are only the thoughts and views of the individual that posted them. They are not representative of the opinions of the Promoter, nor does the Promoter confirm, guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any post. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any Platform. It is a condition of entry that each entrant grants a complete release to Facebook and Instagram from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to this promotion.
- Any dispute relating to this promotion must, prior to a person initiating litigation, be dealt with as follows. The affected person (“Complainant”) will notify the Promoter of the details of the dispute in writing and within 14 (fourteen) days of receiving this notice, the Complainant and a representative of the Promoter will meet by videoconference to attempt to resolve the dispute. If unresolved within 30 (thirty) days after that meeting, the dispute will be escalated to a more senior manager not directly involved in the promotion, who will investigate the dispute and meet by videoconference with the Complainant to further attempt to resolve the dispute. If still unresolved within a further 14 (fourteen) days of being escalated, then the senior manager will make a final and binding decision subject to any legal proceedings initiated by the Complainant. These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.
- The Promoter is Meriton Property Services trading as Meriton Suites (ABN 69 115 511 281) of 528 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000.