What to See and Do in the Gold Coast
September 30, 2013
There is so much to do in Queensland’s Gold Coast that it can be hard to know where to start. With this in mind, Escape Travel offers ten ideas to entertain the family and make the most of your time in the Gold Coast.
- If you have ever wondered what it would feel like to ride a giant wave, head for WhiteWater World’s Green Room, a ride designed to resemble the inside of a wave.
- The fun continues at the next theme park, Dreamworld. Be sure to visit all of the Big Six rides while you’re there.
- Grab a BBQ lunch and catch live entertainment at Paradise Country.
- Originally a lorikeet sanctuary, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is now home to many more species.
- Head for Burleigh Heads and visit David Fleay Wildlife Park to see threatened species and daily presentations.
- Springbrook National Park is a World Heritage listed site.
- Visit SeaWorld’s Shark Bay to glimpse fearsome tiger sharks.
- Tamborine National Park is worth a day or two of your holiday for its natural splendour alone.
- Experience 0-96 kmh at Warner Bros. Movie World.
- Get wet and wild at Oxenford’s Wet ‘n’ Wild Water World.