Translator App a Boon for Business Travellers
March 4, 2014
A new translator app is revolutionising the way we do business overseas, according to a recent article on forbes.com.
Called TripLingo, the new app is available from the iTunes store and offers an amazing range of features. These include:
- Support for 12 different languages from French and German to Mexican and Chinese.
- A real-time translator, which talks back to you or whoever you are trying to communicate with.
- A Slangslider control which allows you to adjust the level of formality you want in your responses and even the speed at which the translator speaks to you.
- A reference library of 10,000 common phrases, including many business-related ones.
- A Word Bank which sorts words and phrases into useful categories, such as ‘accomodation’ or ‘shopping’.
- Background information on the country you are visiting, including tips on local etiquette and safety.
- A Talk Live function, so if you are really having trouble communicating, you can purchase time with a real translator via your phone.